Camperships are available for day and overnight camps accredited by the Ontario Camps Association. Kids in Camp considers every campership application submitted by the Camp Directors of OCA accredited camps.
In November 2017 all OCA camps will have applications for the 2018 summer camping season. Please begin the process early so your Camp Director may submit applications before the deadline.
- Find a camp by visiting the Ontario Camps Association’s website: www.ontariocamps.ca. Select “Find Your Perfect Camp” to review the camp options available to you.
- Select your preferred camp(s) after researching the options and contact the Camp Director(s) and discuss your situation.
- Determine if there is space at the time you have selected and if so, ask the Camp Director to apply to Kids in Camp on your child’s behalf. All OCA Accredited Camps have received information from KIC about how to apply for a camper subsidy.
- Contact your Camp Director and discuss your situation.
- Ask the Camp Director to apply to Kids in Camp on your child’s behalf.
All OCA Accredited Camps have received information from KIC about how to apply for a campership.
How many weeks can my child attend?
Generally 1 session at camp.The length of time varies with each camp and is something you should discuss with the camp director.
Is there any cost to our family?
This is arranged with the individual camp.There are often varying rates depending on income.
How are applications chosen?
Camperships are determined by the Kids in Camp Campership Committee and are considered based on need and a camp director’s recommendation.
Can we specify which weeks?
This is arranged in discussion with the individual camp director.
Is there a deadline for applications?
The camp must have the entire completed application package to Kids in Camp by Friday, March 24, 2017.
When will I know?
Kids in Camp will inform the camp no later than Friday, April 21, 2017.